Sunday, November 10, 2013

TR Snippet - Wifi

I had great wifi at the Orleans and the Trump.  The Orleans now provides it in the room with the resort fee and I paid for the rooms, so I automatically paid the fee.
I carried my small computer up to the Java spot at the Orleans when Wild Bill and I met up on his first day.  That is great free wifi and no coffee need be bought.
Any room ending in 26 at the South Tower is a fine Four Queens room for me.  It is very quiet and on the end, so my television cannot bother anyone in the middle of the night.  However, I am tucked too far away to get the free downtown wifi here.
Denny's is open 24 hours, right on the FE and has free wifi. However, I hated the music there and their veggie skillet spiked my blood sugar so it must be filled with crap.  the wifi was very, very slow.
Actually, once I was in solo mode, I did not need or want wifi.  I hardly have time to draft trip report memories in my word processor. 
Most of my time on computer I spend writing while I am fresh some notes or even some snippets of my trip.  I won't remember them otherwise.
 About the only thing I miss is listening to Ray Smith's Jazz Decades while I take a tub soak or do laundry.


However, I think by next trip I will have a smart phone so at least I can check email and look to see when the next bus is coming.

 

No comments: