Sunday, November 10, 2013

TR Snippet ARRIVALS AND DEPARTURES



GETTING TO THE AIRPORT

Who says two wrongs don’t make a right.    Half way to Albany I realized that I had forgotten my phone.  I could not turn back as I had to drop the van with my son and then get to the airport with Elizabeth on time.  So, I just got depressed thinking how difficult it would be to coordinate anything with my Vegas relatives, my old high school locker mate, my poker buddy, or my wife and her brother.  Damn!!!

 When my wife arrived, she said she had not noticed it there on the dresser.  That was my hope.
 
In the security line a woman was on the phone apologizing to someone that she really did in fact have her phone, that she had put it in her purse.

 Well, that was worth another check.  In my right shirt pocket I found my phone.  What a relief to be an idiot once again!
 
GETTING BACK
 
My son brought my van and I dropped him home.  On the way I blew a tire along the highway.  I called my wife and she called triple AAA and also came out to my site.
Of course, I was not prepared.  No working flashlight.  Not enough light to read the emergency flare directions.  I just took guesses. 
I had no idea where the spare tire was located.  It turns out that it is mounted under the van and a special tool cranks it down.  Good thing it had air. 
The Pakistani guy who came out with his truck knew just what to do and also how to be kind to an overtired old guy.  I tipped him $20 because he was so kind and paid so good attention to details.
I bought a tire the next day for $154.
 

No comments: