Mat 11 - Matt will meet me at Sam's check out at 11 am and drive me to the Rio and then we will head out to the Bighorn to eat and look around.
May 12th is a Thursday.
- Booked with Budget:
- Take the 202 and then the 108 to the airport and then the shuttle to the car rental.
- Rent a car at noon and drive to Redrock for an afternoon hike. Stop at McDonald's on the way back. Supper at the Silverton.
- May 13th - check out of Rio and drive to 4 Queens leaving enough time to get to the airport by noon for the car return.
This makes my average room charges between $11.50 and $16 a night. I also have replaced my three longest bus rides with car rides, Sam'stown to Rio, out to Bighorn for free meals, Rio to downtown.
I first booked at $34 using the American Casino Guide, but the newest promo lets me get a Cabana room for $60 a night and gives me $25 free food and $35 freeplay, so in effect the entire deal is free. Since I stay right at the El Cortez, I'll easily use the comps and in the process I'll get to try the Cabana room.
Okay, the deals are still rolling in. So I cancelled May 2 and May 3 at Sam's and took two free nights at the Orleans. I adjusted the chart. This means I won't have the long bus ride after the airplane ride. I can get off at Tropicana and take the 201 or I can just take a shuttle depending on how tired I am.
On May 4 I will have to get to Sam's, but I can walk to Flamingo and just take one bus. It puts me at the Orleans for their senior day if that promotion is still going on for Tuesdays. I probably won't have to pay the resort fee and they give me $10 food credit in the deal.
2/7 - I called the Host section at 4 Queens and checked to see if there were any mailings and he told me I had two comped rooms, so I booked for May 13-14. Those were my most expensive two nights, so the comps saved me $80 I was going to spend at the Gold Spike.
4/15 - I got an offer for one night at the Eastside Cannery and booked it today for May 4th. Then I rebooked Sam's to reflect that change. I have confirmed all my rooms and organized coupons, bus schedules, shuttle routes and schedules, free buffet letters, and strategy sheets.
I thought about whether I wanted to be so long at Sam's Town, and catching the Orleans and Eastside Cannery free nights brings it down to just six days. Also there are some benefits:
- would put me very close to Gayle and crew.
- would give me a daily option to taking a free shuttle to downtown or to the strip and getting a free ride back as long as I did not play too late.
- would give me one spot to play full play VP and play live poker. Sam's Town offered that small blind 4-8 game that was fun. Now I have read it is a 3-6 game, my favorite. However, the players were pretty good.
- Jokers Wild would be just a bus ride away, so I could get in some very cheap craps.
- It lets me check into one spot and not check out for 7 days.
- All bed bug research does not show me much activity or complaint there. It makes sense to me that Sam's Town does not draw the big city folks or international travelers, so the odds are better.
- The pool looks just fine although it may be a bit chilly as it is unheated except by the sun.
HERE IS WHAT I FIRST DID. NOTE TO SELF: REMEMBER TO CANCEL.