Sunday, November 10, 2013

TR Snippet - Restaurants

In the upscale portion of the trip we ate at some fine restaurants and I did manage for the most part to find in the menu something on my diet.

The best food we had was at the Capital Grill in the corner of the Fashion Show Mall.  Everything was good.  The steaks looked wonderful, and I tasted one that was just fine.  My Sea Bass was one of the best pieces of fish I have eaten anywhere.  Sides were all very yummy.  I best liked the mushrooms.  Jim ordered a bottle of  Terrazas Malbec from Mendoza Argentina that was delightful and went very well with the meal. 
The ambiance was just perfect, lots of old wood and interesting art hangings with many of them featuring The Rat Pack and other stars and celebrities.  It was quiet. 
The waiter was just an amazing resource.
I see they are a chain and new locations are coming so others must feel as positive as we did.
Some of my delight was with the company.  That flavors the meal.  Jim and Anne are some of my most favorite people, and drinking a bit of wine with them is one of my most favorite fun experiences in life.

TABLEAU AT THE WYNN
http://www.wynnlasvegas.com/Restaurants/FineDining/Tableau

Jim, Anne, Elizabeth and I  sat in this canopy and had lunch one day.  I liked the colors and designs.  I ordered the wrong food, getting a dish I thought was all mushrooms that included pasta.  I usually avoid pasta.  It was fine. Everyone else loved their meals.

TAMBA
http://www.tambalounge.com/main.html

I went to this on solo.  Traditional Indian food is recommended on my diet, but what I got here spiked my sugar level.  I did not choose a food but a sampler called Buddha's Feast.  The ambiance was great with very plush booths, Indian prints and  library wall of books.  I always like eating around books.  The music was okay, but it was not Indian but some sort of jazzy hip hop.  Somehow getting the whole experience of the ambiance of this Indian place and then having someone singing about MFer's is just weird. 
They have an inexpensive buffet in the afternoons and perhaps the foods would be better choices for me. 
Yesterday, here in Albany  I ate in a nice little local Indian buffet and only one food on the menu had added sugar and that was honey.   
But again I ate the nan at Tamba and not at my local place. 
My next Indian is the one easily served by buses right near the Sahara monorail stop.  India House might be the name.

BANANNA LEAF RESTAURANT  RIVIERA

Banana Leaf at Riviera.  Great hot and sour soup.  3 veggie dishes.  I had tofu and vegetable.  Huge bowl of soup for $7, a meal  in itself.     This one did not affect my sugar.  I'll go there again even with no coupon.
http://govegas.about.com/lw/Travel/North-America-and-Caribbean/Banana-Leaf-at-the-Riviera.htm

Most of the time now I don't do restaurants, but stick to buffets.  In a buffet I can see what I am eating and there is always enough selection to allow me to stay on my diet.

ORLEANS CAFE

We have always love this spot and the oatmeal that seems so inexpensive and good and comes with plenty of additives to choose.
However, it spiked my blood sugar.  My dietitian says that is it common for some folks to spike with oatmeal.  It is the first I've had since I was diagnosed with difficulty.
Sad. 
I remember my 60th birthday month long bash here in Vegas.  I stayed at the Orleans and met folks as they came to Vegas.  I often ate the oatmeal.  Now that is over. 
This is a fine little diner and a good break from the buffet.  Graveyard specials have always been priced well.

 

No comments: