Sunday, November 10, 2013

TR Snippet The show O and Zumanity


We saw O today.  It was amazing again.  It was surprising to me how fresh it seemed.  I really remembered very little detail.  I loved it and I’d go again on another trip.

I particularly want to investigate the three contortionists, Asian girls who looked like sisters.

I loved all the high flying acts and the great dives.  I had not remembered the scuba divers in one section being brought up like fish out of water, flopping their fins.  They must be the source of water for the actors who just disappear in the water. 

The clowns I remembered and they were funny in a very subtle and mimed way.  We actually got a photo of them in the preshow comedy.   Audience on stage in an interesting part of the show.  The main character comes out of the audience, but is a plant.  I am not certain of the two who dance with the clowns, but one seemed very skilled.

We sat next to a fellow from Sandusky, Ohio who came to Vegas for his son’s wedding and was the only one to sit on the son’s side for the ceremony.  He did not gamble, but he did have a full set of shows planned.  It was sad to think of him all on his own.  His brother was supposed to come and cancelled.

My seat was just a few seats from where I sat last time.  I like being center stage for this show.  We were close enough to see everything, but not very far away. 

We went out pretty early for the tickets and the buffet, so we had to take two shuttle trips in the same day.  The buffet was fine and unlike my oatmeal breakfast good on my sugar numbers.  Perhaps it is just all the walking helping that number reduce.   I started yesterday at 153. Spiked to 223 but after the buffet I was back to 119 where I belong.   Mostly I ate smoked trout and pickled herring.  I did taste a tiny sliver of the end of a flank steak.  I had plenty of vegetables and huge portions of mushrooms.  Everything was very good.  I even had a butterscotch cookie for dessert.

Once again getting tickets was a breeze.  We managed to pick them up for the Zumanity show as well in one easy stop.  I only had managed one buffet ticket, but the price now for the Bellagio is lower than Spice Market over at PH.  It was 23 dollars.  All you can drink is 10 dollars.  That seemed pretty good.  I did not get that.  In fact, I have not had a drink except for the Smithwick’s at McMullen’s.  Elizabeth carried in some cognac in a water bottle from home and that gives her a little nightcap if she wants.

I did remember being more tired last time.  This time I had a terrible time sleeping the night before and finally got to be in the middle of the day and slept out my weariness.  I even slept through Elizabeth going swimming.  It was perfect planning and I was more rested for this show than any show I remember in the past. 

On the way through from the shuttle drop off we had coffee at one of the streetlike cafes in Paris.  That was perfect.  I actually got two coffees for the price of one.  For sweetener I added a small drop of anise and that sure makes a great drink with no stevia.

ZUMANITY

I can see why folks were offended by this raw show or disappointed that it is SO very different from the other Cirque shows.  We liked it just the same.  I did not take good notes, so I don't have details.  It seemed funny and risqué and a nice free treat from My Vegas

No comments: