Thursday, November 07, 2013

TR Snippet - LAUNDRY

LAUNDRY AND CLOTHES

This was a fine trip for laundry.  I just did it once at the 4 Queens.  Some of my dirty things I sent home with my wife after the first week.  So that left me more lightly packed and able to launder just once in the middle of the 15 day trip.  One hour and my 21 days were full of clean clothes.
The weather was a problem for packing.  I packed long sleeves and it stayed really warm.  It is hard to know what to wear. 

Doing the laundry is easy with Fels Naptha soap.  A bar last trip cost me 98 cents at Walmart on Boulder and lasted two trips.  It also seemed to take out stains better than I manage at home in the washing machine.  I love it.
I wash clothes in the sink and toss them in a full tub.  Then I get in and use my feet like a fellow squishing the grapes for wine.
I empty that and fill it up once again for a second rinse.
It works well, and everything dries in a day or two, but it is a wrinkled dry for everything except the best blended fabrics.   
I brought great cargo pants this trip, shorts and long pants. All those cargo pockets let me wear a T shirt with no pocket because they have enough pockets to compensate.  In fact, they have so many pockets that I lose things right in the pants.  At the Monte Carlo, after looking all over and under the table for my phone, a fellow player called the number and there was the phone,  hidden one of the pockets. 
That was embarrassing.
I suggest drying clothes outside the bathroom as much as possible because it can get a bit steamy in there after running all that water.  The fan does not keep up.
And in the 4 Queens  room I turned off the fan and lights for much of the process so I could follow the news on the television. 
Doing laundry is boring.
I carry a plastic bag for any clothes that don't dry enough for checkout.  I generally carry extra hangers, but I did not need them at the Four Queens.  The closet was really long and gave me plenty of space.  Otherwise, conventional hangers are needed because the kind that slip into rings in a closet can't be used in other spots in the room. 
I also carry a steamer that takes out wrinkles.  That helped with the all cotton cargo long pants I brought and with cotton T shirts.
The nice thing about being downtown is that if we do run out, T shirts are everywhere for very little money.  I packed out 4 for $10 that I did not need to wear there.  Two were to give to my son and his wife.  And I only shopped for a few minutes in one store.

I do avoid jeans.  I could not get them to dry.  Actually, I could not really get them to clean up two trips ago.  The fabric is just too heavy.



THIS IS THE LAST SNIPPET FROM THE 2013 OCTOBER NOVEMBER TRIP.

No comments: