Monday, December 14, 2015

TR SNIPPET INTRODUCTION VEGAS NOVEMBER 2015

Note:  This entire trip will not load on your computer all at once.  When you finished skimming for sections of interest, click on "older posts" in the bottom right hand column and you will move along in the trip report.  The report actually moves fairly sequentially in time with posts posted backwards so they can be read in sequential time order.  However, most of the organization is done by topic so folks can skim through what is of not interest.



This was a losing trip, but still a frugal one.  Half way through I was about $1000 down and so I tightened up a bit and only gambled when I was seeding for the next year, or using up freeplay, or with friends.  That helped.  In the end I lost $909 at the gambling table, but overall I paid for it with cheap food, shows, rooms, trips. 


FOOD $207 or $9 a day

ROOM $24 A NIGHT

TRANSPORTATON IS $20 A DAY

GAMBLING LOSSES $909 OR ABOUT $40 A DAY

SHOW COST WAS $7 A DAY.



SO RUNNING $100 a day total

PLUS AIRFARE, SOUVENIRS AND SMALL TIPS AT BUFFETS OR BELLMAN.
 
The airfare was cut because this was a trip tacked on to a family Thanksgiving gathering in Denver.  Only the Vegas to Denver leg added air expense, and most of my air was covered using the Southwest charge card and points.
 
In the end I played so little at the Four Queens that I probably won't get free offers for weekends again. I'm not even a little disturbed because I'm moving away from staying downtown.
I also think I'm  moving away from a gambling dominated trip.  I loved being out at Red Rock and I may do more of that and push less hard on the gambling.