Monday, December 14, 2015

TR SNIPPET TOAST OF THE TOWN


I went to see Toast of the Town at Sam's Town. I came in just at the end and slipped my ticket on top of the pile in the drum. They must not have even turned the drum because I won a prize.

It was nothing like the old expensive prizes of hand made leather purses. I got two vegetables bowls and a very simple white Vegas shirt advertizing Bud Lite.

I'll give both away. But it was fine to win something.

There was a new person handling the giveaways and the introductions. The two old people next to me were grumbling as to how she was not nearly as good as the man who used to do that work, but I was delighted to not hear his overly smaltzy banter. She was short and to the point. I hope she stays.

This was less than my favorite Toast of the Town. But I don't blame Danny Walton. He is a fine entertainer with some good humorous banter, and he interpreted the music very well.

I am sorry that the show is no longer the old Vegas review with a half dozen acts, but now features one performer who does the entire hour. I liked the old variety.

Danny is British but spent much of his time as an Army brat living in Singapore and Hong Kong. He has been performing most of his life.

The two video screens showed some of his early work. And as he sang the songs, the videos and photos highlighted the famous British rock stars.

The theme was Britain rocks.

Here are the singers and songs he featured:



Antony Newly ??

Beatles: When I Saw You Standing there, Imagine, and Let It Be.

Elton John: I Guess That's Why They Call It the Blues, Rocket Man, I'm Still Standing.

Tom Jones: My Delilah,

Brother's Gibb Bee Jees: How Can You Mend a Broken Heart, What Makes the World Go Around, Rely on Each Other,

Rod Stewart: Wake up Maggie, Forever Young

Queen: This Crazy Little Thing Called Love

No comments: