Monday, December 14, 2015

TR SNIPPET ARIA BUFFET


One of my regrets is not to have gone to Aria more this trip. When I'm in a losing cycle, I tend to eat more frugally, and I had plenty of Boyd points and used them up eating at the Gold Coast. And those buffets are satisfying, but Aria is really my favorite.

Added to that is that for some reason my blood sugar lowers the days I eat there, and this time I had two sugar free desserts, a wonderful pudding, a blueberry muffin, and one small taste of pecan pie with sugar. And I had a taste of sandwich and a few potato chips. All of these raise sugar.

The portions are small here. I hate wasting food, but I like trying different tastes, so that is perfect for me.

My favorite was the clams in a white broth.

I line my plate with chopped green onion from the salad bar and put the clams on top. I take all the shells off at one time and then mix the juice, onion and clams. What a great taste! Sometimes on the side I have their blue cheese. And this time I had a small sandwich which was delicious on its own, but also good to sop up the clam juice.

I had a plate of crab legs. Often I skip them, but here they are very good. They are not icey cold, but warm, served with real clarified butter, and they pass the crab test. When they are double cracked followed with the twist and pull, the crab meat is the right texture to just slide out. For me, that is the mark of a good crab. I used the cracker very seldom.

I tried a bit of salmon cream cheese.

I had a decadent slice of pork belly, so rich.

I had a small piece of white fish.

I had some other tastes I've forgotten, but I so love the clams that I did them twice.

There are also a few more choices of mussels. For shellfish lovers, this is an amazing buffet. If it were in my town, I'd eat it everyday.


No comments: