Monday, December 14, 2015

TR SNIPPET GORDIE BROWN IMPERSONATIONS


I met a fellow with promotional coupons at the food of the Golden Nugget buffet that gave me a free buffet and a Gordie Brown ticket for $32 total. It was perfect timing because I was hungry and could not find a cheap buffet. The Golden Nugget was $22 by itself, so this was a good deal.

The advertised coupon price was $24, but then there are taxes and an entertainment fee. Still a fine deal.

I got the cheaper seats and was pleased with them.

He did impressions of many people and was quite talented. He was funny. I remember Bush and Obama and some Chaney jokes, as well as Bill Clinton. Katherine Hepburn was done well. Some of the celebrites I did not know well enough to judge the impression.

At one point he brought up a Willie Nelson look alike who does his act at Bally's and they sang, “On the Road Again”. I'd like to see the look alike, but I can't seem to locate the show.

Gordie also did Sammy Davis Junior.

I can't remember all of those he did. Some were newer celebrities who I did not know well enough to judge the impressions.



It was a great night. I don't think he measures up to Rich Little, but it well worth seeing him nonetheless.

No comments: