Monday, December 14, 2015

TR SNIPPET ORLEANS BUFFET


I always enjoy this buffet. Breakfast is good, but somewhat limited. However, they always seems to have menula soup and I love it. This time, however, it was not as good.

They make eggs. I had three over easy with a taste of spam and all covered in the country gravy. I ate potatoes again.

The coffee is just okay. I bring my Tuvia to flavor it.

They have Cholula hot sauce at every table. That makes the meal.

And I indulged in some crispy bacon. I have been skipping bacon because I know it increases my health risk, but this was not my week for cutting back into the healthy, although the mixed fruit here is good.

They have some “no sugar added” desserts.



SUPPER



I must have come on Hawaiian night. The food was decadent and very good. I was not impressed with their kalua pork as it was not seasoned enough. It was served with cabbage. Main Street Station does a better job on kalua pork.

I did love the bright red ribs of pork.

And I was thrilled with the ribs of beef, something I rarely see anywhere, even in Southern Rib joints.

I overate.

I indulged in a few pieces of banana that was run under the chocolate fountain.

Grapefruit juice is available here. I like that.

It was a very indulgent day.

I rarely get two buffets in one day when I am in Vegas, usually only one.



The free Young At Heart promotion tends to bring a lot of folks out and during normal hours there were rather long lines. I found breakfast lines were down by 9 AM and at 8PM there were no supper lines. I usually try for a breakfast as early as I can and line up 15 minutes before the buffet is open. Then I have appetite for the supper, but I ate at 9 PM this trip.

My last breakfast of my stay was free with the room comp. I had an omlette for variety, but actually I like overeasy better. They had the “no sugar added” cheesecake with the strawberry swirl. I had it with a bit of “no sugar added” soft iced cream. There are some wonderful hand dipped iced creams at this buffet, but none of those are sugar free.

No comments: