Monday, December 14, 2015

TR SNIPPET SLOT PLAY


Because I don't like playing against a high house advantage, I rarely play slots in Vegas. When I do, I play very small amounts for fun when I am early for a scheduled event. Sometimes I'll play to get a cheap drink or to keep playing after my bankroll has taken a hit.

And I like playing the Four Queens single zero nickle roulette because the house advantage is very small for such a low denomination slot machine. There I play with a nickle bet on black and a nickle bet on the last column (full of reds) and if the last column hits, I press that bet, so if a streak is in my favor, I can win quite a few nickles. I did that a couple times.

I also usually put $21 in a Megabucks for seven spins, figuring this is the money I don't then spend on lottery tickets at home, where the house advantage is 50%, much than the Megabucks which is less than 20%. However, my bankroll went so quickly this trip, I skipped that luxury.

In Laughlin while waiting for a poker seat, I played a game called Fisherman Bob and saw him catch quite a few pike and removed them from a net in the bonus round. I quit dead even after seeing the video.

Waiting to see Rich Little at the Tropicana, I played a few one penny games that were just terrible. A good penny game played for 1 to 5 lines for a penny a line should hit once in a while, if only delivering a penny or two, but I was through two dollars with no hits on one machine.

Finally, I moved up to a more sophisticated penny machine that required forty cents per spin. It was themed as a fireman machine and the graphics were in 3 D. Two firedogs moved and made noises after each spin. This machine seemed to hit almost every spin although often it was for less than the bet. I had lost about $5 before playing this machine, but when the bonus round came I just kept winning. When I cashed out for the show, I was $6 ahead and had experienced a really fun game.

I also won playing an Artic game at Eastside Cannery with $5 freeplay to play off before the Claudine Castro Latin show. I cashed out for $6 there too.

So this trip my slots show more profit than my player advantage games.


No comments: