Sunday, October 11, 2015

TR SNIPPET RED ROCK BLISTERS


20 SOMETHING



Say, you just came home from Las Vegas. Did you have a good time.”

Absolutely, why I went through a whole bottle of vaseline.”

Well, I guess you did have fun!”



ALMOST 70

Say, you just returned from a trip to Las Vegas. Did you have a good time.”

I sure did. I went through a whole bottle of vaseline.”

What?”

Yep, controlled those blisters so as to stay on my feet almost the entire trip.”



*************************************************

Blisters are a huge problem in Vegas for me, and this trip I took the wrong pair of sneakers. They rubbed not only toes, but also on the right heel. I could see where the shoe had worn a spot on the inside. I covered it with a bandaide and that seemed to help.

I bought bandaids called Sports bandaids and they were just great. They have a cushion that is just fine for blisters.

My Red Rock hiking day with the hiking boots and two socks left me pretty much blister free. That was good. I've ordered an aloe based cream for the next trip. I used an entire jar of vaseline, but that does not hydrate, only protect and lubricate.

I also found that when I had to go to the open toed shower shoes, the padded socks were great and I bought 6 pair for the next trip.

I don't want enough at home and this was a very sedentary time for me. I should walk every day to prepare for the Vegas trip.

At least no blister broke.

No comments: