Sunday, October 11, 2015

TR SNIPPET HIKING RED ROCK


While the driving back was still hectic and confusing, we had a grand time there and an easy drive out.


We stopped at Calico 1. Cory ran to Calico 2. Frank, Peter and I walked.

























 







 

It was hot, almost 90 but we did fine. It was a good bit shorter than I thought, but we did not take any side journeys. One we must have missed was the shade and large rock where Frank and I sat for a while last trip.

We were very tired



RED ROCK BUFFET

I had one coupon for this buffet, but others had not signed up for cards and did not want to. It was a difference of $5, not the simple dollar at the Gold Coast, but folks were tired from hiking, and hungry. My frugal self felt bad, but I know others just don't care about a few dollars.

I loved the buffet. There were not roasted vegetables but there was succotash, collard greens, pulled pork, a great hot bean dip with jalapenos. Everyone was please with the offering. I enjoyed the offerings, the service, and the sugar free deserts. With the hiking and the eating there, my blood sugar next measured 103 and it has not been doing that very often.



In November I hope to hike for three days at the Canyon and eat the buffet every day. We'll test out my theory.

No comments: