Sunday, October 11, 2015

TR SNIPPET EAST SIDE CANNERY


I took a ride out to Eastside Cannery with a whole handful of freebie vouchers from their Webpass site. Well, now we can redeem only one voucher a day.

Since vouchers must be redeemed within seven days of printing, this means that for every trip I can use just one voucher.

It is now just a local's deal.



Well, I got my buffet, but I never used it.



However, I stopped at the Bank for money and Walmarts for some things, so the trip was not wasted.



I also decided to play just a half hour of poker.

I hit four of a kind twice and this put me in a drawing for $25 in freeplay. I won the drawing, played the freeplay and hit quad kings on a double double bonus game. I had lost money on the poker (too tight a game) and this brought me up to a profit of $46. So the ride wasn't wasted.

I like this 2-4-6 poker, but not when it is just the old regulars. I had to leave when two loose players joined the table.

I did enjoy taking one of the old regulars. I had a K-4 in the blind and the flop came 4-4-4. I checked and this one old fellow bet his Ace. The turn game him the full house. I just kept checking and calling until the river when I checked raised. He called the $6 but he was fairly sure I had the 4. I felt good. I'd played him well.



The other quad came on the river to complete my losing trips. That opponent did not have the money to pay much on the river.

It is a hard game to win. The rake just eats up the profits. Folks do tip a quarter or a half dollar on smaller hands, but until some loose players join, the rake I hard to overcome.

I played well. I stole two hands because the river $6 can be enough to bluff with especially after they saw me slow play a flopped quad.

I was lucky too.



However, I don't think I'll be moving my play to this place.

I have a love/hate relationship with the Eastside Cannery.



They also have ruled out using freeplay on the full pay video poker. Once places do that I'm pretty much done with them for any play.

It does open this place up for a couple paid nights or for a 2 for 1 if I get one in the mail, however. I noticed that one of the benefits in the Webpass is a voucher for a room upgrade. I'd use that as my one freebie, and if I started a Vegas trip at Eastside Cannery, and was staying there, I'd get most of the voucher benefits. I sure like those corner rooms.

However, that won't happen in November because I am downtown for Halloween and then on a rental car road trip to Red Rock and Laughlin and Oatman and Chloride and the Dam for six days.




No comments: