Sunday, October 11, 2015

TR SNIPPET EXCALIBUR 2-6 POKER


I very much liked this game, although I still lost money. Most of the players did not know much about playing. When I first arrived, there were few full $6 raises preflop, but a young drunk showed up, sat to my right, and raised almost every pot to $6 or $8 preflop. He started with $300 and he made many at the table rich, but not me.

In some cases it was just putting too much money out and then not catching. I remember making a preflop bet up to $24 when I had A-K suited in clubs. I thought I could isolate the kid, but most of the table called. These players did not fold much.

So, I stopped betting and let them bet into me. I slow played everything and I got paid.

But there just was not enough of anything for me to play.

I was ahead for a time and then I lost a good bit of it back. I began to play very little unless I was in late position.

I only tried to steal one pot. I had one opponent, a good player. On the river I only had possibilities, but I'd made an early button raise. So I made the river raise and he folded based on my earlier raise and my tight play.

I won two hands with Ace high. They were not huge pots, but all the pots here were substantial.

I enjoyed the game, but I'd have enjoyed it more if I had not lost money. It was a game with great potential, but it did not produce for me.

Later there were better players. The young drunk left. A girl he knew played for a while because he husband went to look look for the young drunk and keep him safe. The game tightened up.

When the drunk came back, I left. I'd played from midnight until after 4 AM

In November I'll be at Excalibur for 3 nights and I expect I'll play this game again, perhaps with better results.


No comments: