Sunday, October 11, 2015

TR SNIPPET ARIA BUFFET


On Elizabeth's 2 for 1 for Aria we had a fine and wonderful lunch for $25.

I think I understand why this spot gets both wonderful and terrible reviews.

Folks who are meat and potatoes kind of people would rate this low.

Folks who want unusual tastes and healthy choice or seafood options would rate it high.



We were there on a Thursday, but there were still four kinds of mussels and these wonderfully tasty clams in a lemon and garlic cream sauce. The clams had interesting designed shells. I don't know where they come from.

There was delicious deep fried cod with a light batter and very juicy fish. I topped mine with a sauce from the Italian section and some Parmesan chees.

Meats included kielbasa and a tasty pork belly. When I said to the server, “kielbasa” he replied, “nada” pretending to hear “Que Pasa” Very cool! We don't have folks making Spanish puns at home.



There were also long pieces of deep fried shrimp, tasty and crunchy.



The miso soup was good. The brussels sprouts were good for the rest of America who eat them cooked right, however, I like mine well done. They were small and tender for rate sprouts.

My wife had taquita chicken, a deep friend crispy chicken that she loved.

I had tandori vegetables and while the color was interesting, I could not taste the tandori. Cauliflower tasted fine but was not spicy enough.



I can't say enough about the service. In this dry, hot place I always hit the buffet more thirsty than hungry, so I don't get food. I stand and wait for the drink server. Mine was off somewhere, but another fellow took care of me, and later a delightful Asian woman was very attentive.

I spilled drops of miso soup on the table when I was placing the bowl down and I wiped it with my napkin. I went for other tastes and by the time I was back, that napkin was gone and another one was in its place.

Often we were checked on to see how we were doing. Often plates were removed. I tend to take little tapa like plates and soup bowls, so I use a lot of them.

I love the blue cheese and the Italian olives on stems.

I had again the apple/grape/walnut salad. It was delightful. For dessert I had a creamed sugarfree bite with something red on top and one, very tasty blueberry.

There was plenty more there that I wanted to try, but I filled up.

We say for quite a while over our last drinks. No hurrying here.



ARIA SOLO



Through MyVegas I had a free Aria buffet when I stayed at Excalibur for my free MGM night. It was very good again. I went during the supper hours this time and there was more choices, but either would have been fine.

The number and kinds of mussels always amazes me and on my solo night I ate a couple plates of their multicolored clams.

I also had beef ribs that were delicious. I love beef ribs, but I rarely find them anywhere. They were done without sauce, too, the way I like them.


No comments: