Sunday, October 11, 2015

TR SNIPPET FANTASY AT LUXOR


I read no reviews of this show. I did not expect much. I got it as my third MyVegas award. It was a $55 value.

I was surprised to find out it has been playing for 15 years and won some awards.

It started at ten PM

I knew it would be a night of watching pretty girls dance, and I thought I'd like that. And I did.

The girls were lovely and good dancers. Part of the show was topless. All of it was raunchy, including a Black comic dancer who gave the girls a break while he did the usual bit of pulling someone from the audience up on stage, dressing him as Elvis and bringing him out. He also teased the audience in a playful sexual way.

Some folks walked out early. I see how it could offend the socially conservative.

The music never is my pick in these shows. They seem to pick songs that make the acts more loud than sultry. I think quiet music offers a gentler kind of seductive fantasy. This was in-our-face dance music.

It did seem to fit the acts. I liked it enough.

One special star, who did not dance, climbed some rope like fabric and did some amazing acrobatics at the top just by winding the fabric in some correct knot. She was fantastic and actually more erotic than the loud rock dances. Her music was a Nina Simone song, but done by another artist. I can't remember which. Sultry, slow and delightful.

I did not rise much to the woman who was the Announcer. Something about her did not seem sexy.

I also don't like too much, “put your hands together” or “make noise.”

It just seems that they ought to trust us to do that when we are moved rather than when we are prompted and obligated.

I also did not like the pre-show entertainment. They played what must have been interviews of the girls or television performances, but all that was behind a distorting curtain and done to loud music without the sound track. So there would be one of the stars talking to us about the group and the experience of performing, but we heard nothing and what we saw was distorted.

All the rest I liked and was glad I went.

I picked it because there were tickets left on MyVegas and it was right in the area of the Excalibur. That was a good idea too, because it was an easy free tram back at midnight.


No comments: