Sunday, October 11, 2015

TR SNIPPET GOLD COAST FOOD


All of us who came to the party ate at the Gold Coast and had a good visit.

Good food, but not as good as it once was.

I did have my red eye gravy and it was okay.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red-eye_gravy

I had a fine omelet

Pineapple was good.

Cherry pie was no sugar added.

Others did not like the coffee as it was weak, but I did like it.

The Kielbasa was tasty

The meal did not do well with my sugar. Perhaps these no sugar added desserts are not the best for me.



One son and I went to breakfast again on his last morning. To pay for it he used up his points, and I added under $5 in my points, so we ate for free. This day I had SOS on biscuit. There were four different country gravies. I also had a fine plate of watermelon, honeydew melon, blueberries (from other areas than the fruit table) mandarin oranges and watermelon.

I was not super impressed with the honeydew, but I never get one that tastes like they did in my youth. In my view they are all less than ripe.

I like the place for being generally uncrowded and a good spot to sit and talk and have a couple coffees. Even paying for this buffet is a good deal, often equal to the tip one might pay in a restaurant.

The TGIF place at the Gold Coast is not such a good buy. It is more expensive because we must pay for the coffee and that coffee is nothing special. For Starbucks there is another little spot at the Gold Coast. My wife went there for coffee.

We had $10 in a Young at Heart voucher good for the next day. We used it up on some coffee and fruit at TGIF. The fruit was fine. Others I met complained that they ordered over easy eggs and got hard yokes. It would not be my first pick of a place to eat.

The Orleans has kept their local cafe and the food is very good there. I wish the Gold Coast had kept a Boyd buffet and not picked up another chain.




No comments: