Sunday, October 11, 2015

TR SNIPPET FOUR QUEENS MAID CONFUSION


I don't take maid service most days. I hop from place to place and I don't need much. When my wife was with me, we had the room cleaned a couple times, but when I am solo I don't run out of towels or soaps.

I usually call housekeeping and let them know I don't need service. Then if the Do Not Disturb sign falls off or gets taken off by collectors, I won't be disturbed.

Most of the hotels have a Do No Disturb sign that is the same on each side. The Four Queens has one that you turn to a grey side to get maid service. I put that on my door instead of the Do Not Disturb I intended, and I failed to call housekeeping to cancel service.

I came up to find the maid in my room. I asked about it and she very politely explained that the sign was on Maid Service Requested.

My room in a shambles but I canceled the service just after she picked up most of my towels.

I came in to sort out my money, so I could deposit it in the bank and not carry it on the plane. As I made the piles of money, I realized that she had never checked me for a key. It bothered me, so on my way out again I asked her about it. Again she was apologetic and explained she had seen me the day before and remembered me so she knew me by sight. Well, that did make sense and calmed me.

Perhaps that also happened another year here when I had hundreds of dollars in silver strikes and came up while she was cleaning to get them ready to take to turn in for the larger coin. Then too I was not checked for a key.

Since I had disturbed her in the process of cleaning up, just after she had collected towels, I stopped her again to get just one towel, and to make certain that when they did the inventory check after I had left, they would not write down that towels were missing.

She laughed, but she wrote it down.

Of course, if I could get organized and pay attention to what I'm doing, I would not have these issues.

No comments: