Sunday, November 23, 2014

TR SNIPPET - SCINTAS AT THE D


A few years ago, I saw the entire family group before they got down to just Frank and his brother Joey. I like the sort of music they play, and I was raised in Buffalo as they were.

However, the style of delivery was just a bit too intense for my taste. The female vocalist was quite good, but again it was too much intense voice singing. I think of it as the Whitney Houston form of presenting lounge music, one that shouts so loud and lounging to it is impossible.



I had a great seat. It cost me extra to sit up front, but that was well worth the price. I had a great seat. Cost was $33 and included a drink.



I thought it well worth the half price I paid by staying at the D, but I won't be drawn to see it soon again.

Part of my problem was that I had just seen Kelly Holmes at the Italian Social Club and that show was so over the top that this one could not compete. Something Kelly said in her act seemed to indicate that Scinta is not well respected by Kelly and Clint.

In addition to being very intense, there was just a bit too much corny smaltz. I don't identify with smaltz much. It does seem authentic Buffalo West Side, but I'm just not a Buffalo boy much anymore.



I did enjoy Frank's impersonation of Dean Martin, but that is probably in part because there is no real way to intensify Martin's “Ain't that a Kick in the Head”



I did like hearing mandolin and guitar.



They did a long survey of all sorts of music

Artists included:

Garth Brooks

Michael Jackson

Neil Diamond

Ray Charles

Joe Crocker

Tom Jones

Very Motown



Songs included:



Friends in Low Places”

Get Offa My Cloud”

Never Knew Love”

I'm Your Baby Tonight”

It's All Right”








No comments: