Sunday, November 23, 2014

TR SNIPPET - COFFEE AND TEA IN ROOM


COFFEE TEA



I don't really like coffee, but there are days when without it I'd be tired and dysfunctional, especially on these one night stand check in check out stays that don't insure naps.



I prefer tea, carry it in assorted flavors. Most coffee makers will let me make it.



I also carry a small Quick Cafe II for those places that have no coffee maker, like that deluxe room at Mandalay. Rack rate for the night I stayed was $375 and the place was great, but no coffee maker there.

My wife does not go to Vegas with me. She loves her coffee, but hotel room free coffee won't satisfy, so she has to go out in the morning when we travel and get “good coffee.” So I save up the hotel room coffees from other trips and bring them along. That way I can have more than two cups without looking up a cleaning lady. I usually don't get daily room service.

With the room snacks and coffee and tea I take most early mornings to write up that day's thoughts and adventures. My memory is terrible, so that helps me come home with some memory of what I experienced.

No comments: