Friday, May 24, 2013

TR SNIPPET - LOSING MY LICENSE

Along with losing my bankroll in Las Vegas, I also lost my driver's license in the airport between repacking my bag and checking it.  It was a mystery how it disappeared out of my hand and why it was not right there on the ground to be found.  I even suspect some foul play by some swift acting thief because I have the license with the chip in it.

I was worried about going through security, but that was  a breeze because I had other ID, including a Visa with my photo on it.  That settled the matter for the fellow checking me out.

When I went to get a replacement (just $17) I met a guy who told me about losing his entire wallet when coming back from Mexico.  They let him out of Mexico, but in Miami he was arrested, handcuffed, and detained for 8 hours before some smart investigator asked him if he had ever been finger printed.  Well, he had been for a weapons permit and so they ran his prints, found his photo, and let him go.

That teaches me a lesson. 

His wallet had been snatched while in the custody of the Mexican authorities who put it down and then could not find it.  That did not make me feel very safe about traveling to Mexico. 

I also want to think about taking some alternate ID with me in a place other than my wallet in case I were to lose my wallet in Vegas.

But for now I have my interim and the replacement will come in the mail.

No comments: