Tuesday, May 28, 2013

TR SNIPPET GOLD COAST LOUNGE MUSIC


I listened for a while to the Gold Coast lounge band HNLV and watched the dancing.  I remembered some of the dancers I saw on the floor from other dance times.  There is some sort of a dance club that follows the Gold Coast lounge music. 

The place was packed.  Unlike most lounges there did not seem to be either a drink minimum or any waiters.  Folks went up and bought what they wanted at the bar and would even be given a tray to carry a table full of drinks.  I did not check the prices, but this seems like a reasonable way to have a full room.  It is closed on Monday and Tuesday. 

I just tucked myself in a chair in these raised areas to the left and right of the stage.  It was not the best seat, but I did not take up needed space.

The band was fine.  They were relaxed and having a good unchoreographied time on stage, joking and improvising.  Sometimes they improvised the words as well.  They had a good sound. The lead woman had good energy and was attractive but a bit heavy.  The accents were

Filipino I think and one male singer who was very full of his stage presence I could not understand at all.  I did not like him.  He was just too full of himself.  He needed to work on diction rather than stage presence.

But overall I enjoyed the show.  They did a medley of old 60’s tunes including the rarely heard Rock Around the Clock (really 50’s)  I think they thought the tunes were pretty funny.  They more seriously attented to more modern rock and roll which I did not recognize.  However, when the lead woman sang, I could make out the words and I liked them.  It was not of the whinny variety nor did it have the rhythmic stutter so much in vogue.  One song was a rap done by diction challenged guy.  It was not very good.

Still, it was a perfect relaxed show fro me after buffet experienced and totally free. I watched a set and then headed for bed. I was exhausted but did not want to go to sleep at eight o’clock.  I thought about using the Jacuzzi, but could not get up the energy to come back down from my room. 

No comments: