Sunday, November 28, 2010

TR snippet: Vegas with Jim and Anne




 Jim and Anne

Jim and Elizabeth

It was very cool to have Elizabeth's brother and wife meet us in Vegas for a good talk and a fine celebration of a hard year of family matters.  I talked a bit about our incredible meals in another post.  They were very, very good and totally the flip side of the frugal coin I am usually using for food.  It was quite a treat!  Thanks Jim and Anne.
It was good too to catch up on family and have those long discussions that Jim likes to prompt on ideas and interpersonal issues.  It is always a great conversation.
We went to Bellagio to see the Conservatory setup, but the scene was a bit too dark for my taste.  It was fun, but I have liked the others I have seen better.

In a shop in that area I did like these Christmas Santas.



And we took a look at the largest chocolate fountain in the world


We also had a drink at the bar that overlooks the fountains and took a couple photos there.  That is a fine place to view the shows and they had great live music so Elizabeth had a bit of a swing dance before  leaving.




Jim and I did manage a bit of poker together at the Venetian.  It was one of my losing sessions, and he lost at first, and then won his money back when a classic aggressive fish sat directly to his right.
Jim also helped my poker game by further convincing me that I just play too loose and talking to me about position once again.  I guess I thought that position was much more important in no limit, but Jim convinced me.  I am certain that helped the rest of my play all week.
I just tired out or I might have managed a bit of money from the fish.  Also, I wanted to be certain that Elizabeth was not deserted for the night and that I would be rested enough for the next day's adventures with her, so that my pledge that the intense focus on gambling would not dominate her week.
Jim and Anne stayed at the Palazzo in a very nice suite with access to a room for wine and cheese as well.  We were very close at Harrah's.  It all seemed to work very well.

No comments: