Sunday, November 28, 2010

TR snippet: SHOWS

Mentalist at the Orleans

Bill and I just stumbled on a Mentalist act and decided to use a 2 for 1 to see the show. Before we could pay, the ticket counter just passed on some comped tickets to us because we were there at the right time and place. This was fortunate because Bill basically did not like the show. "A bunch of crap" is what he called it.
I was fascinated. The fellow basically talked to dead spirits and gave messages to people in the audience. It was like a seance. I had never seen this before and was interested at how much information he was able to give.

Hypnosis Unleashed - Harmon Theater

Neither Bill nor I volunteered to be hypnotised, but again I saw this fellow do some amazing things with about seven people. I have seen him three times and been fascinated each time. For me, seeing this happen so easily, underscores how little we are at times in charge of what we do and how little we can trust our own conscious sense of self.

Ka - MGM

I had seats in 202 K, farther back than I wanted but in the center. Elizabeth and I enjoyed the show, but perhaps we could have been closer as most of the action did occur in this show on the stage. Also, narratives that involve war are not my favorite stories. Amazing acrobatics.

Human Nature-Imperial Palace

Elizabeth just did not believe me about this music and thought it would be very cheesy, but it was her favorite of the week. This was my second time seeing it. I was also delighted that the $40 deal from DineLV.com that gave me two tickets and a Hash a Go Go $25 breakfast coupon, put us in $55 seats. They were great. What a bargain. I expected to be stuck in the back and instead we had fine seats.
note: Just in the doorway of the Imperial Palace, and to the left of the bellman is a great little elevator for accessing Human Nature. We avoided the crowds while exiting by using it also.

Mac King - Harrah's

I have not seen this show in years. Elizabeth has never seen it and enjoyed it. It was a good pick. These two shows made her trip a success.

Burlesque The Show -Westin

I like old fashioned takes and this burlesque is a collage of classic acts. I liked it. Another 2 for 1 with Bill who was perhaps less pleased with it.


No comments: