Sunday, November 28, 2010

TR snippet: Bill and Me

Bill is a great gambling companion.  He likes the same things I do, a lot of live poker and a lot of coupons and 2 for 1 deals.  We had a good week together.  And any walking we did was eased by long and loud discussions of everything from poker to politics.
We had a fine time playing the free bingo at Ellis most weekday mornings.  We won nothing.  We did a side bet for breakfast and ended even.
Since he was there I also saw some shows on the 2 for 1 coupons.
I liked them very much.
At the Orleans was a mentalist, really like spiritualist who talked to the dead.  Bill did not like that much so it was fine that instead of the 2 for 1 $55 price we were going to pay, they gave us free tickets.
Bill did some sports betting, but he will have to tell you about that.
Generally, we played at the same poker table, but rarely against one another.
There was one time at the Flamingo when I was last to act and I bet just to steal the pot.  Bill knows me so when it comes around to him, he raises also with nothing and steals it from me.
"I hate playing with you," I tell him.
Other than that we mostly stayed out of each other's way.  That was pretty funny, however.

No comments: