Sunday, November 28, 2010

TR snippet: The most memorable poker hands

I held two jacks at the Imperial Palace and two more came on the flop.  I slow played correctly and found the table betting in to me on the turn and pot built up very nicely.  On the river only two of us were left.  I bet and my opponent raised and I reraised.  He called.  Perhaps he did not really understand what he held.  He held the 8-10 of diamonds which made the nut straight flush.  I was in a true badbeat.
I lost the pot, got $50 for my four of a kind, but the real tough piece of randomness to gnaw on was that this was the hand of the lifetime.  Had I been in the same situation on my last trip to Foxwoods where they have a huge bad beat award, my lost hand would have won for me $200,000.

I got a little drunk on cognac at the 2-4 at the Flamingo.  When I get drunk, I usually win.  I wish I knew why.  I can't get drunk very often, so I can't win every time.  It may be that I play tighter.  It may be that the table plays me much looser.  Anyway, I started drinking when I was $100 down and won that and $25 more before I ended.  I also hit a nice straight flush on the river and that paid a bonus of $100 from the house.

I had my kings cracked at Imperial Palace where some hours of the day they pay $50 for that and I got it.

All in all I had the same kinds of hands I always have, but I think I played much better.

In the video poker I got very lucky.  I even hit a royal on progressive nickle machine at the Orleans.

No comments: