Sunday, November 28, 2010

TR snippet: The other hotel rooms

HARRAH's

Very nice.  A real step up from the Flamingo.  Thanks to information from the discussion boards, I chose a quiet room in the Mardigras Tower.  Better rooms could be had but they wanted money for those.  The check in people were very nice and talked to us about the room choices.  Elizabeth was pleased.

ORLEANS

I always like the room here.  They were such fine treats for free weekend nights.  They are very clean and very comfortable.  After on weekend I went to the Super 8, so I just walked down Arville for 20 minutes of good exercise and caught the Flamingo bus for a dollar.  Going downtown was much more complicated.  Three buses.  But I do like spending my last couple nights at the El Cortez.  However, next trip I many just extend at the Super 8 or Orleans.

EL CORTEZ
I tired of the Pavillion rooms last trip and this time I went to the Vintage Rooms which I liked just fine until someone turned a television on in the middle of the night and woke me up.  The walls are old fashioned and too thin.

In general, I saw again that I am just not good anymore at dragging 17 days worth of clothing too far.  I liked staying a long while at the Super 8 and then again at Harrah's and I think I will try to extend my stay even if it costs me a bit of money.  I am just getting too old for hotel hopping to save a few bucks.

No comments: