Saturday, May 21, 2011

TR Snippet - Two movies

Wild Bill and I watched Source Code.  It was his pick.  I had some reservations because I don't much like violent action films, but I love time travel films, so this worked for me.  We paid $3 senior rate at the Orleans.
No popcorn here, but in the next movie a free refill fed me for a few days after the movie.


At Sam's, on a $3 senior ticket, I watched Jumping the Broom.

The movie was very corny, but an interesting take on a clash between Black families from different social classes.
The male lead Laz Alonzo looks like a Black Frank Sinatra. His facial expressions and even his voice just echo Frank's acting style from those old movies.
I enjoyed seeing it.

If you decide to go, print the senior coupon for the ticket in some kiosk that is near the Player's Club.  The machine in front of the movie malfunctioned and I had to hike back to the Player's Club to have it reprinted.  They said there that it happens often.

The thing I like least was all the commercials mixed with the Coming Attractions.  I think next time I am going to ask when the actual movie starts and come late.  I hate commercials. I go to the movies to avoid them.

No comments: