Sunday, May 22, 2011

May 2011 TRIP REPORT

Well, I don't want Lucky Pete to be short on blog posts to read, so I guess I better post my Trip Report for my stay in Vegas from may 2-17.
I lost.
I had a great time.
The cost of the trip was low.
I did not get sick, but I was tired for the entire trip and that meant I traveled around more and gambled less.  I did not see many of the shows I had planned because by evening I was too tired and afraid I would go to sleep.
Part of that may be due to the fact that this trip was an add on.  I went to Chicago for grandson Gio's first birthday and then Denver for son Cory's 30th before heading out to Vegas.
Part of it might have been malfunction in my apnea machine.  The motor died three days before I came home and perhaps it has been weakening before that.
Or perhaps I am just getting too old.

At any rate, here it is with photos and links.  I don't expect anyone to read all of it, but it is arranged in focused snippets so that readers can skim for stories or information of interest and skip the rest.  I write it in this detail so that I can remember it.  And I do have some discussion board members who check this site.  Also, arranged like this I can copy one of the snippets into a discussion where it is appropriate.
I like comments. Just pick the Anonymous option and then put some identification in the comment section.  Oh, I know five folks named Mary.  Try "Mary her her dog Bonzo" 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

HI Dewey, Looking forward to diving into your trip report...I'll comment as I go along but I always enjoy your reports.

I've been having the battle with being tired myself....so I know how that goes.

NMchop

Anonymous said...

Glad your back posting. I was having withdrawal Luckypete

Dewey said...

Glad you're reading. I was getting worried.
Hope you are feeling good.

Jim (Jimbucc) said...

Great report Dewey. Sorry you didn't win this time around. Did that fragrance in The El Cortez get to you? It bothers me after awhile. Downtown Fremont Street was pretty crowded over the weekend I was there. Lots of characters on the loose.

Dewey said...

Smells don't get to me easily. I notice nothing in the EC, but perhaps it worked to separate me from my cash.
The only smell I really always noticed was that smell in the Plaza years back. I suspect that is gone. Did you win? I better skim around for a trip report on the boards.
I don't remember losing and having such a great time. I'm already looking at how to arrange my November trip.

Jim (Jimbucc) said...

Yeah, The Plaza smell was classic. I didn't do a trip report. We spent alot of time with my brother and sister in law. We came home down $70 from what we left with. That included food and tips so a good trip gambling wise. Mostly VP and 1 lucky slot win for $180 by my wife.

Dewey said...

Nice. I need to do what you were doing.