Thursday, June 21, 2012

TR SNIPPET laundry

Since I go for 23 days, laundry is an issue. 
I did laundry once this past trip at the place on Arville between Flamingo and Tropicana.
http://www.insiderpages.com/b/15242021804/wizard-of-suds-las-vegas

The rest of the time I did laundry in my room, usually washing out some things when I first arrived at a hotel, so they would dry before I needed to pack to go.
These Rugged Earth shirts I buy marked down to about $15 at Beall's in Florida are wonderful shirts for Vegas. They are cooler than a tee shirt. They dry overnight and my travel steamer will take out most of the wrinkles, except those around the pockets. The two extended space pockets are just great and carry my phone and glasses right where I can easily find them. I wear nothing else in Vegas.
My shorts are good too, with many pockets. However, they take two days to dry as do underwear and socks.
If I want to give up the time to go to the laundromat, those machines do an amazingly better job than hand washing or even my washer at home. This time I tossed in everything in one load, including a pair of sneakers that had stepped in horse manure, and everything came out bright and clean in spite of the fact that I tossed the soap right in with the clothes, not seeing the dispensor. I did not put the sneakers in the dryer.
At the attached convenience store, I got a roll of quarters and they gave me free soap and a free drink as well, I had a sweet vanilla coffee. Actually, I got two rolls and played Pacman while I waited.
I had a car when I did this, but I could see taking the Flamingo bus up to Arville and walking from there.
with a trip of 22 days, I have plenty of time.
I don't like the way socks come out of hand washing. They are so dry and stiff. This trip I bought new socks here. They did not add much to the weight going home. I think I’ll go every trip with a bag of new socks.

No comments: