Monday, June 25, 2012

TR Snippet Hiking Red Rock

As well as riding a horse at Mount Charleston, I took a day and hiked Red Rock. I only did the easy walk in Calico Canyon, going in from the first pull off and walking until I had seen all the parts I like best, about half way to the second pull off, and then coming back. It was the best strategy as I did get tired and it was hot. The last hill on the second pull off is a tough climb at the end of the hike. I took three waters in although two is plenty. I met a woman half way in who had not brought water and she was delighted when I offered her a bottle. We took each other's photos, so I have a photo of me in the canyon. I especially like a certain rock cluster in the Calico Canyon walk because a decade ago I walked in there in August with some old friends I knew in college and I remember the feeling of the place and the companionship. On the way back I met this guy and he stayed around for a photo. Photobucket Clink this link for a slide show of the walk http://s99.photobucket.com/albums/l299/dewey089/RED%20ROCK/?albumview=slideshow

No comments: