Wednesday, April 02, 2014

Green Valley Ranch

Got a note today from an older couple who want to go to Green Valley Ranch on their next trip, starting from Caesar's.
Quote:
 
Dewey: I know your the godfather of the Las Vegas public transportation, so I have a question that you might be able to answer. My wife and I are planning a trip and staying (mostly comp) at Caesar's. We used to be downtown people but since we live close to AC ,Caesar's floods our mailbox in the winter with 5 and 10 times comp days. SO we tend to save our comps for Vegas and they usually will comp us 5 of our 6 or 7 nights. We've always wanted to trek out to Green Valley Ranch by bus. I looked at the map and am concerned about the transfer points for the 111. If you were making this trip which routes in your opinion are the easiest and safest to use. I think we're about the same age so I think you understand my question. Thank you in advance.

If I were going in daylight, I'd have no qualms at all to take the 202 to Pecos and the 111 to GV Ranch. Later at night, there can always be issues when we are at bus stops away from the strip, but I do it all the time, just not with luggage. There are generally people around and I have not been bothered except by the occasional panhandler.
I have taken the Pecos bus back when it would get me to the Pinball Hall of Fame. I remember one time a guy had a heart attack and died, so there was no bus for a long, long while. Other than that I never had an incident waiting for the Pecos.
From my reading of the map, all the 111 buses now go all the way to GV Ranch, but a few years back only some went all that way, so ask the bus driver to be certain when you board at Pecos.
If you decide instead to go out Tropicana, that is an easy stop as well, a very busy intersection at Pecos. You could then plan to have the most interesting haircut in Vegas, but call ahead to see that Cliff is ready for you.
http://vegasbirthdaybash.blogspot.co...rn-museum.html

No comments: