Monday, October 24, 2011

Last day before Vegas

Whew! weeks of planning and packing and still a long list things to.

I leave about 5:30 am tomorrow morning.  Such an early flight.  I hope I can get my second sleep on the plane.
I got another request for a meetup on the boards today.  However, the family dates seem to be emerging and I am coordinated with Lucky Pete and Wild Bill, so I think as much is done that can be done and it all seems to be falling into place.

My suitcase is packed right up to the 50 pounds this time, so I may have to break it in half for the airplane part of the journey.  


Yesterday was a fine day.  We went with Peter and Donna  for a fine drive through the Berkshires.  We stopped to see War of the Worlds,
http://www.berkshirefinearts.com/10-08-2011_war-of-the-worlds.htm,

a fine recreation of the live broadcast that is such classic old radio.
It was wonderful!  Not a weak spot in it. All the actors were very good and the theater was very small, so we had great seats.
In fact, we were in the front row.
Here was old radio blended with this particular event and with current commercials.
It is hard to explain, but it worked on every level.  I thought that at least one level might be poorly done, but it all worked.
And once again the monsters were destroyed by the common cold.

We had a bit of salmon at Salmon Run in Lee.  I went for the Buffalo wing spiced gorgonzola salmon as I always do.  Peter and Donna entertained us with stories, travel talk, history and analysis.  Such a complete pleasure!

Donna, without being prompted,  said she liked reading about the food here on the blog, and we laughed loud and long.
Take that Lucky Pete! Take that Courtney!  Take that Elizabeth!
My food themes have been vindicated.

Thanks, Donna.

I talked at length to Keith Reynolds on the phone today who is recovering slowly from an operation and seems in good spirits and improving daily.  We had quite a bit to discuss as always.  It was like days long ago when we were more constant friends.

And a fine Autumn day here at the lake.  I'l get out for a short boat ride today and we'll have the perch and crappie I caught two days ago for our supper.


1 comment:

K.B. said...

Hey Dewey,

Good luck on your Vegas trip, hope you carve them up at poker,

Keith B.