Sunday, August 28, 2011

room numbers and notes

Seems like a good idea to collect room numbers of the good, the bad, and the ugly.
Just starting.  Comment if you have one to share.




Fitzgeralds



I recommend Rm 3427 - the beds are decent, not a long walk from the elevator, very quiet, and everyone will think you're staying in the penthouse suite since it's the top floor!!!(Pokernutt)


******************************
Super 8

I like 3045. However it is the only room I have tried there. When I first booked there. (dewey)

***********************************
Orleans

Sailor likes rooms on 20-21 floor. Rarely used. Nicer. However, these are all king beds. If you want one when you reserve a room have it be a king. Then they might put your there.

865 reported serious plumbing problems in sink and shower on 8/19/11



*****************
Sam's Town



The check in clerk listened when I said, "the quieter, the better" and gave me a room at the end of the hall, ROOM 463 which also meant I was free to play my television during sleepless late hours because it was on an outside wall.


At first I found it annoying to run my extension cord behind the television, and later I saw that this was unnecessary because the lamp on the table has a hard to see plug in its base. A handy plug along the wall near the bed made my sleep apnea machine plug in easy. In the other places I have had to put in an adapter to make more room on the light and clock outlet. I am constantly unplugging the lamp to plug it into my adapter and not having enough light to see to do it. Oh well, small annoyances. Here it was easy.
I had read some complaints about the cooling system. I seem comfortable, but it is a mild time of year. I could change the settings on the thermostat and turn off the fan at least for a short while.  I did not actually get the hang of it, but none of this seemed bothersome.


The curtains here were thick and the best of my trip for keeping out nap time sunlight.
But as well as being a bit dusty in those obscure places that I look for bedbugs, or behind things I move to plug in my sleep apnea machine, this room was just boringly dull.  The art was the most tacky.  This country photo in the lobby would make sense and add  enjoyment to the ambiance, but there was nothing like this.  What I had was photos of fall leaves.  This was May.
Bed bug inspection was helped by places being poorly vacuumed because it was clear that were they there, I'd see them. It was hurt, however, because these mattresses are so wrapped up in layers of this and that and covers and such that I could not really see the mattress itself.  I have not seen anything like this sort of mattress wrapping.
The poor vacuuming left the black chair distastefully covered with lint or something.  I did not want to sit there.
++++++++++++

MAIN STREET STATION


#1519. Facing FSE and Rio, Stratosphere, etc.  
kept one poster out of the noise.
He suggested odd numbered room on high floor.
Another agreed after staying in odd number on the 18th


+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

No comments: