Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Tipping Suggestions

Vegas workers depend on tips. Tipping is more a part of the Vegas culture than it is at home. Here is a site that sets some good guiderules.
http://www.accessvegas.com/faqs/tipping-guide.htm

Personally, I tip only a dollar per drink order. I never feel forgotten. I get alcohol and a bottle of water. Generally, the waitress is back long before I want a second.

I leave $2 a day for the maid. I think that they have the hardest job and are the hardest working. I also like a good relationship with someone so close to my stuff.

In a restaurant I tip as we do at home but add in the cost of the meal the value of the coupon. In a buffet I tip one dollar per person.
There are lots of discussions and debates on the boards. Some overtip. Some tip not at all.

One good piece of advise is to have a few one dollar bills always at hand. At table games, even live poker, you are allowed to tip with chips.

No comments: