Tuesday, April 20, 2021

TRIP REPORT SNIPPET - TRANSPORTATION BACK TO THE AIRPORT

 

Members of the Las Vegas Message Board helped me think through in my planning stages whether I should use the bus or an Uber from the airport.

As it turned out my nephew Chris picked me up. That was on Easter Sunday and Uber would have been packed.

I have a suitcase and a backpack carry on and I think they would have been hard on the bus. Next trip I want to pack less, so my carry on can fit in my suitcase once I get to Vegas. Then I think I could do the airport to Longhorn on Boulder on the buses.

I ended taking an Uber back to the airport and that worked easily. It cost $23 plus tip for a car that held only me. I like not having to fiddle with cash, even for the tip.

I have not done much with Uber, but I was set up well. Even so, the first car I thought I booked was not booked.

I also did not know that the pickup place was just a default and I could change it to have them pick up right at my hotel.

I ended slumping my luggage across Boulder for the first car, and then back across again for the one that got confirmed as the default there was the Bank of America ATM.

Next trip, on my way home, I might first take the 202 to the Silver Sevens and stay there for a couple days. There is a free shuttle from there to the airport, or I could easily get the 108 bus.


The Longhorn doesn't give that complimentary check out hour most places give, and they won't store luggage behind the counter due to Covid.

Pretty weird, because when I left I put together a large bag from things in my refrigerator like mustard and mayo and eggs I never boiled in my coffee maker and fresh grapes.

I talked to the maid, and she was delighted to have them.


The Chuckwagon folks did think I could leave my bags at one post there while I had breakfast, but I did not trust that it would be the same answer the next day, and I did want to have a good breakfast as I probably would not eat until I got to Tampa.

I'll have to check the policy on luggage storage at Silver Sevens before I go.

It is a deal breaker, especially since I travel solo.

The flight from Vegas to Tampa leaves at 2:55 these days. That makes for a very long wait in the airport.


No comments: