Monday, June 06, 2011

Planning for November

IF YOU HAVE COME HERE TO READ MY LAST TR, IT IS ARRANGED IN LABELED SNIPPETS BY TOPIC DIRECTLY AFTER THIS DRY POST WHICH IS REALLY JUST A WAY TO COLLECT MY OWN THOUGHTS AS I PLAN TO BOOK FOR NOVEMBER.

I have air booked from Oct 30 to Nov 17.
I have tentative booking through booking.com of the Cabana suite rooms at the El Cortez for the first 9 nights, but I can cancel and punch in any freebies I want to as they become bookable.

The first week is one booking.
Then I have two nights on the ACG for Pavillion.
I had to cancel my second booking thru booking.com because it put me over my 7 night calendar month limit in booked rooms at the El Cortez Cabana.
I kept the first week Oct 30-NOv 6 in Cabana, and they let me add the ACG coupon two nights in a Pavillion room, so I can stay until Nov8. Then that's it folks for the EC and me for the month of November. It may change how long I stay downtown since I can't come back as I had planned.
Gold Spike has competitive prices on booking.com even with the resort fee figured in the math. Free wifi as well. I may end up there.
Four Queens wants me for two or three nights free. Usually an extention is not much money.
So I won't be homeless.
But it does take the edge off my newly building delight with the El Cortez.
And I won't play VP there this next trip. Just live poker. They even lose a part of me in that because this makes the Harrah's rooms look good for the end of my visit and it I am there, I will play at IP.

My play last time should generate some offers from Sam's Town, El Cortez, Four Queens, Orleans, CET group.  My losses should make me a desirable candidate for some free nights.
According to a host, the 4 Queens will definitely offer me two or three nights but the details won't be out until August.
If 4Qwould give me three nights 11-12-13 and I booked the El Cortez with the ACG coupon for 14-15, I could stay downtown the entire trip and leave on the free shuttle from the EC.  That would leave just 9-10 uncovered and perhaps the EC would comp me those nights, or I could find a cheap price or add them cheaply on to the 4 Queens offer.
If the 4 Queens only give me the weekend nights, then I should try to get a comp for 13-14-15 by a host at the EC and book using the ACG coupon for 9-10.  If I can't get 13-14-15 covered, then it is off to Imperial Palace for the $20 special.  It might be anyway if I manage two free nights at Harrah's or IP for 13-14.
If the 4 Queens donesn't give the weekend nights, then look at the Orleans for those followed by three nights at the IP at $20 ( or less with freebies)

for $20 a night I can finish off the trip at Imperial Palace and be near the early morning games with cracked Aces and Kings.
I am interested in good rates from Gold Coast or Super 8 Koval as they have heated pools.
It might be easier for me to see relatives if I spent some of the time on Boulder.
But part of me wants to just stay downtown for most of this next trip.
And if the 4 queens would give me the weekend of 11-12, I'd stay downtown.
It is very premature to be looking for deals.  They come a bit closer to the time.

No comments: