Saturday, May 21, 2011

NIce to have a free flight

I am not a fan of the new Southwest Rapid Rewards.  I was doing just fine earning a couple free flights a year and using them for the most expensive journey, the nonstop to Vegas.  Retired and flexible I did not care about black out days, but I did like that a free trip was a free trip, not a free trip one day and more money the next as points earned are inflated in value.
This time I paid a little because I flew Albany-Chicago-Denver- Vegas.  However, I could it as free to Vegas because without those other stops for family visits and parties, it would have been.
I have one more such free flight to use in November.  They let me convert points to the make it an old fashioned RR free flight.
After than I'll have to shop and shop and shop and book and rebook just as if I was using money.



No comments: